Wednesday 16 May 2018

George & Charlotte Join Bridal Party, What Kate Might Wear & The Duchess Spotted with Louis and Charlotte!

Hello dear readers,

With three days to go until the Royal Wedding, Kensington Palace confirmed Prince George will be a page boy and Princess Charlotte a bridesmaid at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding on Saturday. The adorable pair will reprise their roles from Pippa Middleton's wedding last May. It's going to be a treat to see them!


There will be six bridesmaids and four page boys in total. More from People:

'Several of Harry and Meghan’s godchildren and children of their friends will also serve in the bridal party 
Here’s who will be joining George and Charlotte in their bridal party duties: Miss Florence van Cutsem, 3, daughter of Mrs. Alice van Cutsem and Major Nicholas van Cutsem, and a goddaughter of Harry. Florence is also the cousin of one of Prince William and Kate’s most memorable bridesmaids, Grace.
Miss Remi Litt, 6, and her sister Rylan, 7, daughters of Mrs. Benita Litt, LA-based brand curator and bag designer, and Mr. Darren Litt. Both girls are Meghan’s goddaughters.
 Miss Ivy Mulroney, 4, the daughter of Mrs. Jessica Mulroney, a stylist and friend who has been helping Meghan, and Benedict Mulroney, who is the son of former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney.
Miss Zalie Warren, 2, daughter of Mrs. Zoe Warren and Mr. Jake Warren, and a goddaughter of Harry.  Jasper Dyer, 6, son of Harry’s old friend and mentor Mark Dyer and his American wife Amanda. Twin Brian and John Mulroney, 7, the brothers of Ivy and son of Mr. and Mrs. Mulroney.'

We can expect plenty of scene-stealing moments from the group. Do you remember Grace van Cutsem? :)


We will see the Duchess of Cambridge for the first time since Prince Louis was born.


When considering Kate's sartorial choices for Saturday, we can expect to see the Duchess in an elegant dress or coatdress and matching hat for the day. 



'No doubt Kate's outfit will have been sorted long before she began her maternity leave. Will the Duchess repeat wear an outfit? It's unlikely, but not out of the question, and could be a logical solution after a busy few months. Maybe she'll take a note from her new sister-in-law's book and use this occasion to step out in a trouser suit or jumpsuit for the first time ever? Probably not, though.
A few things seem certain; her choice of hairstyle will surely be a signature bouncy blow dry or hat-holding up-do, she's bound to opt for her trusty Jimmy Choo or Gianvito Rossi pumps and jewellery-wise, it's a toss up between her favourite jeweller Kiki McDonough and a family heirloom. Hats have been stipulated by Harry and Meghan in the dress code so if it's not either the Duchess's favourite milliner Jane Taylor, Lock & Co or hat-maker-to-the-stars Phillip Treacy, we'll eat ours.'

We tend to see Kate opting for understated looks when attending weddings. For Pippa's wedding last year, she chose a bespoke Alexander McQueen pale pink dress with a matching Jane Taylor hat. I wouldn't be all surprised to see a similar bespoke look on Saturday.


Soft pink hues feature heavily in the current collection. A subtle pastel shade would be a lovely choice.



A refresher of Kate's wedding guest style over the years.


Kate has become increasingly fond of Catherine Walker designs over the past couple of years. When it comes to wedding guest attire, she simply couldn't be in better hands. The Rosa and Cloud styles would make ideal choices.


I very much enjoyed this video from the Telegraph featuring milliner Jane Taylor. Jane believes royal fashion is making hats popular again. Speaking about Kate she said "I really love working with her". We could very well see Kate in one of Jane's creations for the wedding.


Of course, the Duchess will also have a gown chosen for the evening reception where 250 guests will enjoy a night of dining, dancing and entertainment at Frogmore House.


Once again, McQueen has a terrific selection very much in keeping with Kate's signature style. One could very easily envisage the Duchess with her hair down for the evening reception wearing the Crystal-Embellished Crepe Gown, the Draped Satin-Timmed Crepe Gown and the Cotton-Blend Lace Gown.


For those interested in following the wedding live as it happens, I will be running a Live Blog over at Mad About Meghan from 8 am. I will also have an early post here, on Duchess Kate, as soon as Kate arrives and a full post once the service and procession ends. It promises to be a very memorable day!


************

Yesterday, reporter Katie Nicholl was enjoying a stroll in Kensington Palace gardens when she spotted Kate out for a walk with Louis and Charlotte. They were accompanied by Nanny Maria and three protection officers. Kate wore a summery brown gingham dress.


More from Vanity Fair:

'Anyone wondering how Kate Middleton is doing in the run-up to the royal wedding should have found themselves taking a walk in Kensington Park Gardens on Tuesday afternoon, where the new mother was walking baby Prince Louis in an old-fashioned pram, Princess Charlotte alongside her, and wearing what appeared to be a dress she’s worn before.
Wearing a pretty gingham brown sundress and sensible pumps, Kate was hiding behind a pair of large black designer shades and hadn’t had her signature blow-dry, which might have kept her from being noticed by either the public or the paparazzi, who were nowhere in sight. Accompanied by the family’s nanny, Maria Borrallo, and three protection officers, the family was enjoying the spring sunshine so much little Charlotte didn’t want to go home. As Kate left the park, Charlotte tried to walk in the other direction. “No come this way Charlotte,” Kate instructed and the little princess did as she was told.'

The Duchess has been spotted numerous times in the gardens with the children over the years. Louis is almost a month old already!


*************

In other news, the lavender Emilia Wickstead dress Kate wore in Hamburg last year was voted your favourite look of the Poland/Germany tour.


The dress proved so popular the designer decided to release it and appropriately name it the 'Kate' dress. Exclusive to Matches Fashion, the £1,420 piece is described as "Emilia Wickstead's navy wool-crepe Kate dress is an elegantly versatile choice for the social season. It's tailored in the UK with a flattering boat neckline and long darts throughout the front and back of the bodice, then lined with black crepe to ensure a smooth fit." It's available in navy, pink and red.


************

Last but certainly not least, this week is Mental Health Awareness Week in the UK. This year's campaign is focusing on stress. Research has shown that two thirds of us experience a mental health problem in our lifetimes, and stress is a key factor in this. By tackling stress, we can go a long way to tackle mental health problems such as anxiety and depression, and, in some instances, self-harm and suicide. To mark the week, William and Harry joined a host of well known faces including Judi Dench for #MentalHealthMinute. For the first time, over 300 broadcast stations came together to broadcast the recording at the same time ensuring it was listened to by an audience of 20 million. The moment was in support of Heads Together and its eight charity partners.


How are you feeling today? It's okay to say.


We'll see you on Saturday morning :)

54 comments:

  1. Rebecca - Sweden16 May 2018 at 10:24

    Hardly surprising but wonderful news none the less :) What a group of kids! 10 kids under 7!! We'll have to see if they all make it down the isle in one piece! But that's the charm of it all! Weddings are such wonderful occations. And it will be very nice to see Kate again. And William supporting his brother! The moments between Harry and William at W&Ks wedding were wonderful so I look forward to the reverse roles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, I agree that it will be wonderful to see the brothers in reverse roles. It warms my heart that Diana's boys are grown men, settled, and happy.

      Delete
    2. Rebecca, I know! Imagine being the parent of one of those children, hoping they just do what they’re told because a billion people are watching and you can’t just run down the aisle after them when they decide they’ve done enough lol! Aww, they will steal the show for sure!

      When I was four I was a flower girl and I felt so special and I’m sure the little girls who are a part of this on Saturday feel the same!

      Delete
  2. How amusing that Vanity Fair states that the lack of her “signature blow-dry” would have kept the public from noticing Kate. As if the old-fashioned pram and three protection officers wouldn’t have given it away. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca - Sweden16 May 2018 at 11:48

      I doubt they use an old fashioned pram like the one at the christening! And protection officers can be surprisingly good at blending in if they want to. But yeah, people probably recognize them.

      Delete
    2. Heather, I laughed at that too! I can just imagine seeing her and going “oh wow could it be? Is it Kate? I guess not, since that woman doesn’t have a blow out and if I know one thing about Kate, it’s that her hair is ethereal. This lady just has normal hair. Moving on!”

      Delete
    3. Heather, I laughed at that too! As in "oh I see 3 RPO's,Nanny Maria, Princess Charlotte & a Pram.... but it can't be them, because that other woman has curly or unstyled hair! Alas, move along!" lol :)

      Delete
    4. I laughed, too-at Katie Nicholl's just happening to be taking a stroll through Kensington Park. Does she live close by?

      Delete
  3. Charlotte! Who-hoo!! I’m so glad to be back on your Duchess blog! I’ve missed it!

    I am so excited to see what Kate wears. She has such a challenge this Saturday, although I have no doubt she will look flawless.

    I’m excited to see pictures of the guests and their outfits too—especially their hats! I love that the British wear hats to formal events. I wish we did that in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prospective outfits for Kate are all very pretty. However, not one gives her any allowance for camouflaging even a bit of a belly--less than four weeks after giving birth to her third baby! She is a wonder woman about getting her body back fast, but I think she'll choose something with a little forgiveness (or optical diversion, at least) around the midsection.

      Delete
    2. Rebecca - Sweden16 May 2018 at 13:49

      I agree. And with some wiggle room up top to allow for the refilling of the food deposit :P

      Delete
    3. Lol at your food deposit comment Rebecca!

      She is definitely not going to be in a position that I would envy on Saturday. I was in a wedding shortly after having my first and I definitely did not have my body “back” and felt so self-conscious the entire day. Not to mention worried about where I was going to feed the baby, although Kate will definitely have a lot of help and much more experience than I did. Luckily, she IS superwoman!

      Delete
    4. I'm looking forward to seeing Kate again! It will be such a joy to see her supporting H&M as well as welcoming Meghan "Officially" into the family! What a joyous day it will be for their whole family! :)

      Delete
    5. Yep everything is still a bit bigger a month after and your chest is much bigger all the time no matter how often you are feeding. Some gorgeous choices but I agree think it will be a bit more flowy and perhaps some type of loose light jacket over the top of the dress for both day and evening.

      Delete
  4. It will be nice to see Kate again. It feels like it’s been ages since she gave birth to Prince Louis. The bridesmaids and pages will be adorable, I’m sure. I can’t wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm i love those kids they will steal the show hmm i would love too see the duchess will guide the kids or meghan markle. Only best friend Jessica mulmory did a spell right im. Pretty sure vanity fair i love that they will reverse roles these time william and kate wedding harry was there support his brother back then

    ReplyDelete
  6. Silvia from Tuscany16 May 2018 at 14:24

    Love the post. And very excited to see Kate again! I've been missing her! As for the children it will be a very sweet image. And W and H together unite as usual in this special day. There is really a lot to come...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a question -- will the wedding be taped anywhere, so I could watch it a little later? I want to see EVERY detail but I also want to sleep :)
    Thanks!!! G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PBS is saying they are going to replay their wedding broadcast on Sunday (at noon I think).

      Border Terrier Lover :-)

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you'll be able to find it on YouTube, Will and Kate's wedding is there.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the post Charlotte! Selfishly I was hoping that someone caught Kate and Charlotte in a snap yesterday but I know. . .it's an invasion of privacy :(

    When I was in Ireland last year my friend and I went into a hat shop so she could buy a fascinator for her daughter's wedding. She lives in a small town in New Brunswick--no hat shops. We drooled over so many wonderful hats. I almost bought one but the price tag was E80-00, and where on earth would I wear it? I am sure that Ms. Taylor's creations are a lot more than E80-00 though.

    I love that ruffly pink gown in the first pair of photos you posted Charlotte. It reminded of that lovely gown that Kate wore on her first "official," post-wedding evening event. I wonder if she can still fit into it?

    Mental Health Week, how am I feeling midway through? Apart from a nervous rash that I was worried was shingles (don't think it is,) I am doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ๐ŸŒธ yay. Good news. What fun for the children.
    Who will be herding them uh or um I mean accompanying them down the aisle? lol
    Any guesses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, sf......I wonder who has volunteered for that task.....10 children aged 2-7 in a wedding party is a bit like herding cats. ๐Ÿ˜„
      This will be fun to watch; I’m sure the children will provide many scene-stealing moments!

      Delete
    2. “Herding” is the perfect word, surfer girl! I can’t wait to see this! Just wondering when and if we will receive word about who will be supporting Harry besides William. There hasn’t been anything that I can find on ushers.

      Delete
    3. ๐ŸŒธ LeahMaria. I know. And who will straighten Meghan’s gown and veil before she walks down the aisle?

      Delete
    4. ๐ŸŒธ US reader, lol. “herding cats”, yep. :)

      Delete
  10. Thank You! Exactly what could Kate ever do Not to be noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha!! SG, I have some geese that I have to herd to bed each night and I use a broom. Not to hit---just to guide to the left and then to the right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should volunteer your expert services, Allison. ;)

      Delete
    2. ๐ŸŒธ I think you would be the perfect one to direct the children, Allison. :)

      Delete
    3. Love the image! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      Delete
  12. Pam from Boston16 May 2018 at 18:39

    I saw somewhere earlier today that Kate's going to wear Alexander McQueen to the wedding. I hope I like it better than what she wore to Pippa's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope she wears McQueen or Walker; they seem to get it right most times for those types of events. I think the McQueen she wore to Pippa's wedding needed some adjustments in the bust area, and I'm not sure that shade of blush is the right color for Kate; however, I still think the entire outfit is one of the classics that will still obtain when the pics are viewed fifty years hence.

      Delete
    2. McQueen or CW...win-win. ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  13. I have missed Kate. It will be fun to see all the magic unfold on Saturday. Hope someone will be in charge of the adorable children. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlotte-do you and Mr. C. have plans for a get-away after the (royal) wedding? A spa day, at least? Have you slept at all?
    Interesting that grandchildren (I think) of Meghan's co-star Louis (!!!) Litt will be bridal attendants. Louis must be a close friend to have his family included.
    Also, on the VF site about the Kate sighting was a mention of Doria's SIX HOUR taped interview with Ophrah, which is reportedly being reviewed for content. Another tabloid media football that keeps bouncing back into view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louis Litt went through my head too when I saw the list of bridesmaids. It's going to be such fun to watch all the littles - I wonder if we'll get any twirls as they walk down the aisle. I have just been out and bought my cakes for the afternoon tea I am making to enjoy while watching the wedding - so now pimms and Champers or just a cuppa as it will be 4am?

      Delete
    2. HaHa! Guess you can tell I am a Suits fan. I totally confused the character's name, Louis Litt, for Rick's name. I do think I saw a Litt among the staff on the show, however. I do still think there is a connection to Suits--just not the one I mentioned. ;) Ann 22:35

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much Charlotte for this great post. I would have loved to see a picture of Kate walking in the park with her children! Anyway, thanks to your description we can mentally imagine them breathing the park fresh air.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Montaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking at first how nice to go for a walk in the gardens with the children and then I thought but you also have 4 more people with you....that would be hard. I am sure you learn to be unaware of the security detail but they are still there and you are always aware of them joining you as you leave your house for what is a "nice walk" in a park on a spring day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been wondering if she would wear the Catherine Walker coat dress she wore for the trooping of the colour in 2015 shortly after Charlotte was born. It would suit her current figure and it would be like her to wear a repeat. I just hope she wears a different hat. I didn't think the white Lock & Co. one she wore went with that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do love a Kate update! I can see her wearing a repeat so as not to detract from Meghan’s day. As it is, their combined “star power” will always draw comparisons and I think one way to avoid comparisons is an attempt to “blend in” with a repeat. She has so many amazing outfits that have only been worn once - now is the time to give one of them a new life.

    I would not be surprised if she assisted in keeping the children in order. She did so for Pippa and it seemed to go well. It would also be a nice way for Meghan’s American friends to enjoy the wedding without being distracted. With her move to England, I imagine that their time with her will be a little limited by distance and scheduling. I think Kate may step in since they’ll have plenty of time with Meghan after the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why shouldn't Kate also enjoy the wedding? She has just given birth, why should she be the one to keep the children in order?And why can't she just wear a wonderful new dress that suits her figure so soon after birth? Must she always be careful not to steal the show? She will be uncomfortable enough, no need to add more pressure.

      Delete
    2. I didn’t mean to imply she can’t enjoy the wedding. I absolutely loved being in my sister’s wedding even if it meant I spent most of my time trying to get the ring bearers (a special needs child and a 2 year old) down the aisle which seemed impossibly long even though it was quite short and then fixing the train of her dress every time she moved. It was a thrill to be a part of her special day and to hold that special place in the day (I was called a maid of honor but that’s just a made up title).

      As for the dress, I think it would be easier on her to repeat - no dress fittings required and with her enviable wardrobe, taking something out that hasn’t been seen in awhile can be making brand new with different jewelry or shoes. Why should everyone always get brand new - many times old can be new again.

      Delete
  19. Susan in Florida17 May 2018 at 03:02

    I love the Duchess in pastel colors. It will be fun to see the little ones. it occurred to me that as of Saturday,๐ŸŒน❤️๐ŸŒน I will have to say which Duchess I am referring to !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan in Florida17 May 2018 at 03:04

    I love the Duchess in pastel colors. It will be fun to see the little ones. it occurred to me that as of Saturday,๐ŸŒน❤️๐ŸŒน I will have to say which Duchess I am referring to !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am missing the non drama stuff....so yes Kate news.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jean from Lancs17 May 2018 at 09:49

    Lovely choice of attendants--5 British children and five from Canada/USA. and all with some connection to the bride or groom

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh Charlotte I'm so excited to see what Kate will wear but more so Meghan of course. I hope Kate's kids will be in the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whatever Kate wears on Saturday, let's hope she's comfortable. Bless her heart, she only gave birth less than four weeks ago. I'm hoping for a McQueen, always classic and the style suits Kate. I wonder if she'll attend the evening party, or will she want to get home for Prince Louis :-).
    Charlotte you'll be extra busy Saturday, reporting on the two royal ladies ! Hope you get a chance to catch your breath and enjoy the day too x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't think Kate will wear a repeat, but I'm sure it will be a neutral color palette. I'm hoping for a McQueen, as Catherine Walker's stuff is often too matronly for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a rumor floating around that it is McQueen!! We shall see! cc

      Delete
  26. Enjoyed the post. Charlotte. It was good to see the Duchess of Cambridge. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published.

We ask you use a name when posting (a pseudonym such as the name of a royal you like or anything you wish). If you do not wish to use the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.