Tuesday 13 August 2019

Our Stylists' Wimbledon Submissions (Part 2)

Are you all enjoying a nice summer? This evening we're back with a second batch of submissions from our talented stylists, who chose their ideal looks for the Duchess to wear to Wimbledon. There's an abundance of designers and brands, familiar looks from Kate's wardrobe, trendy jumpsuits and everything from summery floral hues to classic neutrals. There are plenty of gorgeous options for a day of tennis. Enjoy!


Princess May - "My goals--Duchess Catherine has a simple, classic style I want to stay in line with; it is a sporting event, so perhaps be a little sporty; she is a sponsor, so align the colors with the green and purple ribbon she wears." May would like to see the Duchess in a custom dark green version of the Altuzarra Sunday striped ribbed dress. Styled with white Jimmy Choo sandals and a green croc Nancy Gonzalez bag. May added "Black Tahitian pearls naturally glimmer green and purple, so her jewelry in black Tahitian pearls/white gold." And to finish off the look "Pull her hair into a scarf wrapped ponytail with this (which should only show the colors, not the pattern)."


Sofy - For a day in The Royal Box, Sofy chose the Catherine Walker Jardin dress which features "a swirl of English garden features". The dress is accessorised with Kate's cushion cut green amethyst Kiki McDonough earrings, Kate's much loved Aspinal Mayfair bag in lilac and Kate's LK Bennett cross strap nude sandals.


Suffolk Sarah - "This is quite formal, but very 'Kate' I think, so it would be for a trophy presentation day rather than a visit earlier in the fortnight." Sarah selected Gucci's Silk Blend Midi Dress with contrasting red and navy striped detailing. A tennis ball shaped Tifosa bag and navy Gianvito Rossi pumps compliment the dress. The look is completed with Kate's Asprey pendant in ruby and rose gold earrings.


Georgina - Georgina chose the cream Bethany wool-crepe Jumpsuit by Roland Mouret for Wimbledon. The statement piece is styled with Prada glossed textured-leather pumps, a YSL gold metallic Loulou shoulder bag and Kate's Cassandra Goad Temple of Heaven earrings.


Flora - "I love Kate's summer style! Especially with more wavy hair!". Flora would love to see Kate wearing a jacquard floral cream Alexander McQueen dress styled with Rupert Sanderson Malory pumps in lapis, an intricate blue and gold bag by Magnetic Midnight and Kate's Ray Ban Wayfarers. In2Design pearl earrings complete the look.


Bluefire - Bluefire chose the Kholoe Alphabet Check Patterned Pleat dress. It would be worn with Tom Ford's Small Tara shoulder bag, Kate's L.K. Bennett Floret pumps, Chaumet Paris earrings and a Portofino watch.


Anonymous - "This 100% silk dress from Madderson London has a fresh and summery print, and more importantly hits at the knee for comfort and a level of appropriateness. I would style it with Kate's navy pumps and navy clutch, but she has a plethora of different options in her closet."


Maria in Germany - "I went with a vibrant green lace dress by Dolce & Gabbana that just represents summer to me!" The sleeveless Dolce & Gabbana dress is teamed with a pair of off-white Jimmy Choo Romy pumps, Kate's Kiki Grace studs, Jimmy Choo's Latte Calf Leather Bowling bag and Kate's Bvlgari sunglasses.


Carlie Renae - Carlie Renae went for a splash of bubblegum pink with Goat Fashion's Iris dress with fluted tier detail. The dress is styled with a pair of nude Emmy London Rebecca shoes, Kate's Dolce & Gabbana Sicily bag, Kiki Morganite earrings, Kate's Cartier Ballon Bleu watch and Ray-Ban sunglasses.


Anna Cecilia - Anna Cecilia chose a separates look featuring Roland Mouret's white gazar cloque Braxton top worn with KAOA fashion green culottes and Will's Vegan sandals, which are ethically made in Portugal.


Anonymous - "On the first tour of Canada shortly after the wedding she wore a blue and white two piece outfit on, I believe Prince Edward Island. I think the designer was Sarah Burton. I loved it so much I would have bought it if I could have afforded it. She then wore it again to Wimbledon. Perhaps my favorite of all her outfits and I think it would be great for her to wear it again at Wimbledon."


Little Miss Sunshine - "I resisted temptation to look for a new dress and instead decided to build my outfit around a dress Kate already owns. The Emilia Wickstead midi dress from the India Tour would totally be Kate's style considering her past preference for midi dresses at Wimbledon. Also, I prefer the simplicity of a light colour for this event. To really differentiate this look from the last time she wore the dress, I would style her hair up in a high ponytail." The dress is styled with Kate's brown Ray Ban wayfarers, Annoushka Dream Catcher rose gold earrings and Steve Madden rose gold pumps.


Anonymous - Anonymous chose Erdem's sunny yellow Kirstie floral print silk voile midi dress styled with Jimmy Choo Romy 100 Patent Leather pumps, Kiki lavender amethyst earrings and Kate's Aspinal of London Mayfair bag in lilac.


Sunny - "While I was browsing the Emmy London page, I fell in love with a set of pumps + clutch.  I know that they are a bit too formal for Wimbledon, but Kate definitely needs them in her closet! I tried to style an outfit around them and would suggest a longer (looks just more professional) version of this Paule Ka dress."



Unknown - Unknown would love to see Kate wearing Erdem's Efinn floral-print crepe midi dress styled with Kate's Catherine Zoraida Fern Hoop earrings, and a pair of her navy pumps.


Unknown - Unknown was torn between two looks; her other possibility was Preen's Serelida asymmetric ruffled floral-print crepe de chine dress worn with her red Gianvito Rossi pumps, Accessorize Polly Petal earrings, Kate's red Miu Miu bag and Ray Ban sunglasses.

Elise - "Jumpsuits are super comfortable, but still formal, so I decided to base my outfit off of a jumpsuit." The Phase Eight Nerissa Floaty Jumpsuit is styled with the Coach Charlie Leather carryall bag, Nicholes Aldo sandals in bone, Kate's In2Design baroque pearl earrings and her favourite Ray Ban wayfarers. Elise adds: "Her hair would also be done in a half-back style with curled ends."


Gigi - "I love this styling challenge! Wimbledon is such a fun event, but it presents a few challenges--weather, sitting for a long period of time, something that looks good waist up as well as full length. I saw some amazing Pucci geometric and Dolce & Gabbana florals that I loved, but here is what I settled on: A dress from a designer that I don't think Kate has worn before, Cefinn. The two tone dress is bold, but not too bold, and would be flattering on Kate. I love the belt and the length. It also combines red and pink, both of which she wears often and look great with her dark hair. I chose the Aspinal Midi Madison Tote in Peony Saffiano. She always wears cute purses for Wimbledon and I don't think she has a pink purse yet. I coordinated that purse with the Gianvito Rossi Portofino sandals in the same pale pink. The sandals are a bit trendy with the ankle strap, but I think they would look amazing on her."


Philly - "Okay. Here goes. Erdem Polly Dress: The photos include a back belt option which Catherine likes. I chose this as redemption for some of her Erdem choices of the past. There were other lovely options in the 2019 collection I also thought highly suitable, but this one is youthfully fresh and works equally for Catherine and Wimbledon. Just because she’s never quite jazzy enough for me with her shoes I chose the Peep toe Point Shoes in Black to riff off the belt. Then this Valentino Shoulder Bag to complement the green tones in the dress. She could also carry her favourite white tote instead, but something new is always nice. White Butterfly Sunglasses by Chanel and Blue Moonstone earrings or she could select from several of the blue, green or pearl options she already owns. Add her go-to Cartier watch and style the hair either half up or in a messy ponytail so that the earrings aren’t lost in her gorgeous hair. Frankly, I’d like to see her try a messy bun, but I doubt that will ever happen. If it does, I’ll eat bluhare’s hat."


Maria - Like several others, Maria's eye was caught by a jumpsuit. The Emilia Wickstead vivid green Cloqué Jumpsuit is styled with Kate's Office Nina Sandals the YSL uptown tote in shiny medium leather, Kate's Cassandra Goad Temple of Heaven sandals and Givenchy sunglasses.


We'll be back with a bumper Part 3 with the remaining looks!

38 comments:

  1. The outfits are all lovely! Maria's choice of the green jumpsuit is OVER-THE-TOP!!! Love it. Kate would look great in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria from Austria15 August 2019 at 10:28

      Thanks, Sheila. I only doubt she will ever wear such a jumpsuit.

      Delete
  2. Sonja from Bavaria13 August 2019 at 20:46

    Princess May:
    I love the dress, it reminds me of the Alexander McQueen piece she first wore in Canada and then again for Wimbledon. And I like the idea of a scarf instead of a hairtie

    Sofy:
    Wow that dress is exquisite - and the colours of the accessoires match perfectly!

    Suffolk Sarah:
    White is just a classic for summer and especially Wimbledon

    Georgina:
    I have always loved these earringsand hope we will see them again soon

    Flora:
    That is a very special bag, I have never seen one like it before

    Bluefire:
    I am in love with these earrings!

    Anonymous:
    I can totally picture Kare wearing this dress

    Maria in Germany:
    I love the sharp white accessoires, and the green lace dress is just beautiful

    Carlie Renae:
    I love how theskirt is swinging

    Anna Cecilia:
    The deep green colour would look so pretty with Kate's eyes

    Anonymous:
    Ooh I love this dress! Wish we could see it again

    Little Miss Sunshine:
    Wow I am in love with the way you restyled this dress (which would be perfect for an occasion like Wimbledon!), especially the stunning earrings!

    Anonymous:
    I am surprised by how much I enjoy the combination of yellow and lilac, so pretty

    Sunny:
    Wow the beading on the purse and shoes is exquisite - I wish we could see Kate in them!

    Unknown:
    Blue and white is such a classic Kate look, and a summer staple

    Unknown:
    I am usually not a big fan of pink and red together, but Kate pulled it off very well at Archie's christening, and so does the Preen dress you picked!

    Elise:
    I love the jumpsuit!

    Gigi:
    Same as above - I am usually not a big fan of pink and red together, but Kate pulled it off very well at Archie's christening, and so does the Cefinn dress you picked!

    Philly:
    Such a pretty dress!

    Maria:
    I think it's time for Kate to get an YSL bag LOL


    I am looking forward to seeing the remaining looks!

    There are just so many beautiful outfits, but my top 3 would have to be Little Miss Sunshine, Maria in Germany and Sofy! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, Sonja. I love it! And I love when Kate has fun, little bags! -flora

      Delete
  3. Just a quick thank you. This is really so much fun. Thanks, Charlotte, for lightening our world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are wonderful looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could look good in all these "looks". Let's face it, Catherine could wear a sach and it would look great!

      Delete
  5. I am enjoying all these stylists' offerings very, very much. Such talent! Kudos to those who were in the first post too. I liked everything. In this batch, I probably like Sofy's first and then Suffolk Sarah's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done everyone!! Such great looks. 👍🏻 Here are my top 4 picks:

    Georgina-love the jumpsuit! Those sleeves and back are adorable. I could see Kate in this. It has an edgy look to it which I love.

    Sunny-oh, those shoes! Love them! Love the purse too...and I agree, a longer length on the dress. Darling, chic, stylish. 👍🏻

    Elise-I love this! I really wish Kate would wear more styles like this. Nicely coordinated. Classy, chic, fun 👍🏻

    Unknown-I like the navy and white dress! Kate always looks good in blue. Kate has the perfect waist for this dress. Nice pick 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fell in love with dresses which were chosen by Sofy and Flora. If Kate will decide to wear jumpsuit I want to see her in this which Georgina presented. Also looks from Carlie Renae and Princess Mary attracted my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karolina Joanna! -flora

      Delete
  8. I love those kind of posts....
    Suffolk Sarah- I have to say I hate this dress BUT I believe that it is a true Kate and I can definitely see her wearing it.
    The two repeats by Little Miss Sunshine and Anonymous are great ideas too.
    While many of the pants optins are very pretty, they don't seem to fit her style- so we probably won't see anything similar. Same goes for sleevless clothes. I cannot remmeber her in a sleevless daydress. Now, I am a big advocate for bringing all the bling and cleavage for evening engagements (and so wish she would take a bote from Victoria or Maxima) but wearing more serious and "conservative" (no deep neckline or sleeveless) for daytime engagments seems like a very sensible choice.
    In both posts I was suprised how many appropriate repeats she could bring. I forgot about many of them and I would so love to see them again. No one knows what the future holds, how our shapes and style canges- so she should wear them as long as she can.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I LOVE that dress, and I think Kate needs that in her closet. It has a 40's feel and I love 1940's style. My mom was young in the forties and she and her mother were both excellent seamstresses. She had beautiful clothes. This reminds me a bit of the dress she wore for her wedding, but it was winter white wool and instead of stripes on the lapel it had rectangular, silver metal grommets down the edge. I like Sarah's choice of purse, too. Very different.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comments. It's not a dress I would ever choose for myself but it just seemed to scream Kate at me!

      Delete
    3. I often wonder whether things will relax a little vis-a-vis the sleeveless business along with stockings in RF dress code when Charles and then William assume the throne. When I first started to work there were women who refused to show up on the hottest days in rooms without air conditioning without stockings. They didn't make us do it, but they refused to give it up.

      At present, HM drives the dress code; however, neither she nor her mother wore Queen Mary's corsets. In time I think we will see (still modest) changes. I think what contributors are suggesting here are the looks they would like to see on Catherine and how they would like to see her take her style into different directions.

      Like C 10:52, I don't care for every suggestion on the list; however, I adore others. The glimpse into the design sensibilities of the various contributors to this forum is fascinating.



      Delete
    4. Maria from Austria15 August 2019 at 10:26

      C., here is an example for a sleevless dress right there at wimbledon: https://hairstylehot2012.blogspot.com/2011/06/duchess-kate-wears-alice-by-temperly-to.html

      Delete
    5. Philly, I think there will be some changes in royal dressing when HM is no longer at the head of the firm. But I also don’t think HM has as tight a reign on how her grankids dress as is often believed. Kate seems to have a very clear if fairly conservative picture of what a princess/queen should look like in her head. I expect her to stick to that and not rock the boat a lot.

      Delete
  9. FLORA... nailed it!!! Love your look!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto!! Flora where were you when I needed a dress to my son's garden wedding....this would have been perfect! LOVE IT!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, both!!! *blush face* -flora

      Delete
  10. How about Kate's Preen Everly dress for Wimbledon? Styled exactly how she styled it at the museum (same accessories) OR with pale pink sandals, bag etc.: https://katemiddletonstyle.org/item/preen-everly-dress/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, that is a great choice! She looked good in that dress, and although I love her long hair best, the shorter hair was cute for a change.

      Delete
  11. C 10:52 it is so funny I had the same reaction on the Suffolk Sarah dress. I am ok with it but I think it would be absolutely perfect on Kate. I can see her wearing it for the trophy presentation as she suggested and even with her hair in a wavy pony. Love!

    Also loved Anonymous sunny yellow Erdem. I love Kate in yellow and this is a knockout summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caroline in Montana14 August 2019 at 19:52

    Flora and Gigi really stole the show for me on the part 2 selections! Flora that is a beautiful handbag! between part one and part 2 we have her outfitted better than any stylist:) cant wait to see part 3. such fun! thanks charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Caroline!! -flora

      Delete
  13. Hey, Charlotte! Thanks for doing these posts -- they are so much fun to read! We have a lot of talented stylists in our royal watching community -- who knew?!?!?
    Will the Cambridge family be spending a vacation in Balm oral this summer? Do you know? Curious to hear if we may see pictures of it.. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lee,

      I'm guessing they will possibly visit the weekend of 24th/25th as it follows their pattern last year. We should see photos of them arriving to church on they are in Scotland on the Sunday which they usually are.

      Delete
  14. WoW! Can I say that each and everyone of you have captured Catherine's style. I can see her in all these outfits, yet they are all so diverse! It's hard choosing a favourite but I think Princess May's outfit would be a-mazing. Sexy yet appropriate and stylish. Let's hope Catherine or one her team pop over to this blog and screen shot all these suggestions :)
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorites are the yellow Erdem and the blue floral crepe Erdem.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So hard to choose from among so many beautiful looks! I went away for a while and came back and for me, it’s hands down Elise’s gorgeous jumpsuit outfit. There isn’t one thing I would change. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So nice of you to say that. (:

      Delete
  17. Thank you again, Charlotte, in your efforts to make our fancy dreams a bit of a reality! I love to see everyone's visions! -flora

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of these. Thank you, everyone! But my favorite is by Maria of Germany. Kate does love lace dresses and green is such a flattering color on her. I think this shade is particularly pretty and lovely for an afternoon of tennis watching. I really love the elegant, simple lines of the dress. A dress like this will always be in style. The accessories are classic and gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy from California18 August 2019 at 18:07

      Betsey, this dress reminds me of the mint green dress she wore in India and to date it is my favorite dress she's ever worn.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your nice words! I adore this dress as well (I am a sucker for floral lace - and the colour is gorgeous, such a rich green). If I had the money to buy a designer dress, I would definitely buy it!

      Maria in Germany

      Delete
  19. Tammy from California17 August 2019 at 01:08

    All of these outfits are just... AWESOME. I’m gonna start a “Style Tammy” board and have all of you style ME for things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maria from Austria17 August 2019 at 09:07

    GEorgina, yours is my favourite. Sarah suffolk, you are next. Thank you all for your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All the combinations are pretty. I particularly like the Sofi, jardín green floral outfit and the color Kristie floral print silk outfit. She would be absolutely beautiful wearing them! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published.

We ask you use a name when posting (a pseudonym such as the name of a royal you like or anything you wish). If you do not wish to use the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.