Friday 2 August 2019

Styling Kate: Your Wimbledon Submissions (Part 1)

Happy Friday!

We're back with an update on the King's Cup Regatta, but before we get to that, here's our first batch of stylists' looks suggesting possibilities for the Duchess to wear to Wimbledon. I was intrigued to see choices for a daywear event, as we've largely focused on white-tie banquets in previous years and as always you all shared stylish, elegant ideas perfect for a day of summer tennis at the iconic tournament. I've always enjoyed Kate's choices for Wimbledon; she's worn a selection of beautiful dresses in recent years in particular. I think many of you feel the same and selected silhouettes and designs we know Kate favours. There are also fabulous looks featuring separates and jumpsuits, and of course eye-catching accessories and drool-worthy shoe choices.


Miol Mór - Through her fabulous blog Subliminal Insouciance, Miol Mór shared the very first submission for this year's Styling Kate activity. "For this Dress the Duchess Challenge I picked a dress from the 2019 Maticevski Spring Collection which, again, is white based albeit, this time, with the barest of blue and lavender accents. The jewelry is amethyst, as are the lenses of the Bottega Veneta sunglasses (You might have heard my squee when I found them, it was indecently loud ~ sorry for that!). An Eli Saab scarf because I just love how it brings all the colors together, plus black-and-white shoes (internet) and handbag (Staud).  Having my fingers tightly crossed that this latest try will get me the craved invitation to the Tournament! And if so, I'll be wearing ...the Badgley Mischka ensemble...perhaps."


Kelly C - "I told myself I was gonna sleep on my outfit choice before posting but I just couldn’t wait! This was so much fun last year so I’m excited to do it again this year! Anyways, my choice seems to be right up Kate’s alley but I don’t think Wimbledon is the place that we’re gonna see her try a new style." Kelly chose the LK Bennett Glenda Wallpaper Print Cotton Midi dress which is described as a nod to the classic fifties sun dress. It's styled with Alexandre Birman Clarita Tie Strap Sandals, the Strathberry Midi Tote in navy, Kate's Cartier watch, and Kiki pearl drops with blue topaz studs and diamonds.


Lady West - "I chose a white dress from Elie Tahari along with Jimmy Choos and Kiki McDonough earrings. The Jimmy Choos are a cobalt blue. I've noticed that Catherine has several pairs of green Kiki earrings. I'm suggesting the green with the white dress and blue shoes to highlight the Wimbleton bow she wears to the matches."


Ruth - Ruth chose Roland Mouret's soft pink Ardmore panelle asymmetric crepe midi dress from the pre-AW19 Collection. A vibrant splash of colour in the form of pink neon Steve Madden Daisy pumps, a pink croc bag and Kiki McDonough special edition morganite earrings in white diamond flower design complete the look.


Alaina from NJ - Alaina styled a separates look for the Duchess featuring a straight cut sleeveless H&M blouse, Erdem's Zennia rose-print jacquard flounced midi skirt. The look is accessorised with Kate's Schutz Dollie sandals, the Loewe Gate Crossbody Bag, Kate's Mappin and Webb pendant and Kiki morganite earrings.


Katie Beth - Katie Beth would love to see Kate wearing LK Bennett's striped Maria Blue Cream dress featuring fitted long sleeves in soft, premium jersey. The dress is styled with the colourful Nine West Pruce Ankle Strap Sandals is raspberry, Kate Spade's Romy medium satchel, Links of London sterling silver and pave round stud earrings and their Hope sterling double drop necklace. Kate's Ray Ban wayfarers complete the look.


Pam from Boston - "This comes at a time of year that's busy for me unfortunately and I don't have a lot of time to really look, so I went directly to one of the designers that I love - Erdem. If not always the designs themselves, I do love the patterns (for the most part) but they tend to be large and dark, not appropriate for Wimbledon, so I went there looking to see if there isn't something in a lighter color and a smaller print, and happily found the very pretty Finn Dress Floral Embroidered Crepe.  I think this dress is very Kate....the neckline, the cap sleeves. I would shorten it somewhat to make it a bit more summery. Other than that I think it's perfect for Wimbledon." The dress is styled with Sam Edelman Botanical Gardens sandals, a Botkier handbag without the shoulder straps and Kate's Ray Ban wayfarers.



Camilla from Italy - "My suggestion for a day at Wimbledon: the bespoke Alexander McQueen white eyelet suit dress (v-neck, short sleeves, little peplum, full skirt, belt) Kate wore in Singapore during the 2012 tour. I find this the most perfect of her dresses for Wimbledon, for I think it has it all: it's white, light, feminine, elegant but not too stiff, appropriate for a Patron but also easy for a fan having fun watching sport, and the full skirt reminds one of vintage tennis skirts. It's perfectly tailored but a very summery and comfortable cotton, so both royal and sporty. To be accessorized with purple and green, Wimbledon's colours, and obviously her official brooch."


Miss Lucas - "I loved this year's blue dress so much that I decided she should make that she should wear more of the same and since I also love vintage Kate I love this 40's inspired dress by Bernadette." The Florence gingham silk satin midi dress is styled with a pair of Kate's green Kiki earrings, Christian Louboutin Décolleté 554 85 suede pumps and the Palmette embellished clutch to echo the green hues of Wimbledon.


April Girl - April Girl chose the asymmetric multi striped Raya dress from Reiss. The flowing midi dress is teamed with Alexandre Birman Clarita Bow-Embellished sandals, Aspinal of London's small quilted Lottie bag, Kate's Oscar de la Renta Pearl Sun Star earrings and her Cartier watch. Kate's hair would be styled in a sleek ponytail.


Anonymous - "The beautiful eyelet dress that the Duchess wore at the zoo in Sydney with Prince William and Prince George, with a pair of her beautiful green gem earrings as a bid to the colours of Wimbledon."


Sonja from Bavaria - Sonja chose a white Ted Baker skater dress with floral embroidery because "it's the best colour against the lawn". The dress is accessorised with Kate's Catherine Zoraida Double Leaf earrings, a matching bracelet by the jeweller, a splash of vibrant colour with Kate's red Miu Miu bag and the Aldo Nicholes block heel shoes the Duchess debuted at the tournament this year.


Meredith in Boston - We chatted about our stylists opting for a look that would be very fresh for the Duchess. Meredith was the first this year to select a jumpsuit for Kate. "I would love to see Kate try the jumpsuit trend. This flowing Erdem in a striking print looks like a dress at first glance. I would pair it with her Victoria Beckham Quincy “Wimbledon bag,” Office Nina block heel sandals and Bulgari sunglasses, and Diana’s sapphire and diamond earrings."


Louise London - Louise would love to see Kate in the the Diane von Furstenberg Eloise printed silk crepe wrap maxi dress. The abstract print design is teamed with flamingo pink Alexandra Birman Clarita sandals, and the medium laser cut Alaia tote. The look is completed with pieces of jewellery from Asprey including Kate's Oak Leaf earrings, and charm necklace with the addition of the blue butterfly charm.


Caroline in Montana - Caroline chose a sleeveless soft pink and white stripe dress by one of Kate's go-to designers, Emilia Wickstead, for the tournament. It's accessorised with Kiki morganite cushion cut earrings, Kate's black Stuart Weitzman clutch, Prada cutout pumps, Cartier watch, black sunglasses and Kate's Wimbledon bow. The Duchess would wear her hair down in a centre part.


Ana B from Brazil - Ana selected a colourful, floral red and green Dolce & Gabbana dress with a square neckline and pleated skirt. It's styled with a pair of Schutz block heel sandals, the Gucci Bamboo top handle bag and completed with a pair of Effy diamond and emerald hoop earrings.


Kristen in Austin - "I would love to see her in a jumpsuit, because I think she could pull it off. Wimbledon would be a good place to try something a little more fun and carefree." The LK Bennett navy and white Diana jumpsuit would be worn with Kate's Superga Cotu sneakers, Victoria Beckham Quincy bag, Cartier watch and Asprey jewellery.


If you would still like to post a look, you can do so until Monday by leaving a comment on this post.

*************

Next Friday morning, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will go head to head for the inaugural King's Cup Regatta in support of eight charitable causes. 


The Palace revealed: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will compete against one another and six other teams in state of the art Fast-40 boats. The regatta will include a number of races, and will begin at 1000hrs. The winning team will be awarded The King’s Cup trophy at a public prize giving ceremony in the early afternoon, held at the SailGP Race Village along Cowes seafront towards Egypt Point. The King’s Cup, of which Land Rover is Presenting Partner, will take place ahead of the inaugural Cowes SailGP and Cowes Week. Members of the public are invited to watch the race from the SailGP Race Village, which will be free to access and include a 500-seater grandstand. Footage from the race will play on large screens with live commentary, and there will be a number of activities for families to enjoy along the waterfront."


Today, the Palace confirmed Kate's boat will sail on behalf of her early years initiative with the Royal Foundation and William's in support of his patronage Child Bereavement UK. They will be joined by six well-known faces from television and sport, including British adventurer Bear Grylls.


More from The King's Cup website:

'The Duke’s four causes include Child Bereavement UK, Centrepoint, London’s Air Ambulance Charity 30th Anniversary Campaign, and Tusk. His Royal Highness will compete on behalf of Child Bereavement UK; Fara Williams will represent Centrepoint; Dan Snow will compete on behalf of London’s Air Ambulance Charity; and Bear Grylls will represent Tusk. 
The Duchess will support four of her patronages: Action on Addiction, Place2Be, the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, and The Royal Foundation in connection with Her Royal Highness’s work on Early Years. The Duchess will compete on behalf of The Royal Foundation, and will be joined by John Bishop for Action on Addiction, Katie Thistleton for Place2Be, and Helen Glover for the Anna Freud Centre.'

 It should be a terrific day in aid of very worthy causes.

38 comments:

  1. Of this batch Miol Mor's choice is the winner for me. Second is Caroline, third pam. Are doing a poll on this later, Charlotte? Best, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy from California2 August 2019 at 21:39

    OH.MY.GOSH. I don't even know WHAT is my favorite! Everyone put such thought into their ensembles and they are ALL gorgeous!

    I wish some of you would put together a stylist blog where one could send an event and you would style the person! I am just WOWed! EXCELLENT job by all!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, that’s a great idea!!

      Delete
    2. Nadia from Argentina7 August 2019 at 15:52

      Yes!!! Totally agree! Although I have to say my favourite is Pam from Baston's outfit, but that's just personal taste. ALL outfits I could totally see the Duchess in. Loving this Wimbledon styling so much!

      Delete
    3. Nadia from Argentina7 August 2019 at 15:52

      Yes!!! Totally agree! Although I have to say my favourite is Pam from Baston's outfit, but that's just personal taste. ALL outfits I could totally see the Duchess in. Loving this Wimbledon styling so much!

      Delete
  3. Sonja from Bavaria2 August 2019 at 23:14

    So many beautiful outfits! I want to take the time to comment on them tomorrow
    Thank you so much for putting these together again Charlotte! Just one little thing: I had selected the Catherine Zoraida double leaf earrings for my dress (to match the bracelet), not the fern hoop earrings. Maybe the links got sonehow mixed up?
    Anyways, if it is not too much work to change it in the picture, would it still be possible? Herr is the link again: https://catherinezoraida.com/collections/all/products/double-leaf-earrings
    If not, then that's OK as well, you put so much effort into this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja, my apologies. I'm updating it now. The Double Leaf earrings are gorgeous :)

      Delete
    2. Sonja from Bavaria3 August 2019 at 16:43

      No problem at all, thank you so much! And yes, the double leaf earrings are indeed beautiful :)

      Delete
  4. Great job everyone! But I do have a couple of favourites…
    Ruth – Love the dress! Everything Roland Mouret is gorgeous!
    Alaina from NJ – This is a beautiful look! I would really love to see Kate in it any time!
    Can’t wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First and foremost: Thank you, Charlotte, for the themed and special presentation of the outfits! You and the stylists have created a veritable feast for the eyes! There's not a single ensemble I wouldn't love to see modeled by the Duchess, although I might be tempted to whisper in her ear about personal experiences with jumpsuits and dresses on the short side :-) *As if I'd ever get within earshot distance of her! Ha! :P*
    Kelly C ~ That dress seems to be made to order for the Duchess, doesn't it? And the pearls/topaz earrings are a great choice for the look.
    Lady West ~ This is just such a fun color combination of shoes and earrings and the Wimbledon bow!
    Ruth ~ Elegant and fun with a mere touch of lollypop - great choices!
    Alaina from NJ ~ Right up there with my favorite looks. The color scheme is simply devine!
    Katie Beth ~ A very sporty and cohesive look, appealingly so - even without the strawberries :)
    Pam from Boston ~ Another one of those dresses that I can see the Duchess wear any day now, and the blue accessories pair beautifully.
    Camilla from Italy ~ It would be such a shame if the Duchess didn't wear that gorgeous ensemble again!
    Miss Lucas ~ Such a cool combination of aqua and emerald with a dollop of prasiolite!
    April Girl ~ Such a fascinating dress - and the perfect accessories to go with!
    Anonymous ~ You've picked another one of the dresses I'd love to see the Duchess wear again, and if she were to bring the fan she carries in the photo she'd be all set re Wimbledon colors!
    Sonja from Bavaria ~ Such a beautiful, weighed ensemble.
    Meredith in Boston ~ The whole look is right up Duchess Catherine's alley, from tip to toe. Are we sure she doesn't have the dress yet?
    Louise London ~ I'm so in love with the butterfly pendant that it is hard to look away. I need block the pendant out to fully appreciate the beautiful ensemble.
    Caroline in Montana ~ Such an elegant and refined ensemble. Lovely!
    Ana B. from Brazil ~ The whole look screams enjoying summer fun to the fullest. Perfect combination!
    Kristen in Austin ~ Blue and white are such a great combination for summer, and the woodland charms are among my favorites of her pendants.

    I can't wait for the next batch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ana B. from Brazil3 August 2019 at 15:12

      Thank you, Míol Mór! You created a great outfit choice as well ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I love these posts! They are always so much fun!

      Delete
  6. All accessory choices are sublime!
    @Louise London the DvF dress is to die for and I really need to own it!
    @Miol Mor: Gorgeous styling and absolutely perfect for the DoC.
    @Katie Beth: I am buying that Spade bag....OMG it's beautiful! And the shoes!
    @Caroline in Montana: What an elegant frock. Gorgeous!
    I'm so impressed with everyone's ensembles.....well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them as well! And I’m a major shoe lover so I would definitely love to have a pair! 😜

      Delete
  7. The recommended repeats are very good choices that I would love to see (Camilla from Italy, Anonymous). From the new items I can totally see her wearing the dress suggested by Pam from Boston. This is a solid Kate choice and I think she would look very pretty in it. I am a bit unsure about the pattern though. I love it but she seems to prefer non or slightly different prints for this kind of day wear.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sonja from Bavaria3 August 2019 at 16:43

    MiolMor: I love the purple scarf and accessoires
    Kelly C: Blue and white is such a classic look for the summer
    Lady West: White is just the best colour against the green lawn at Wimbledon!
    Ruth: The dress is so beautiful!
    Alaina from NJ: It is great how you pulled all the colours from the skirt together woth the bag, shoes and earrings. I especially love the bag!
    Katie Beth: I love the berry accessoires with the white & black
    Pam from Boston: I love baby blue for the summertime - I especially like the wavy straps of the shoes
    Camilla from Italy: I loved this suit dress when she first wore it, then again in Bhutan, and I would love to see it again
    Miss Lucas: Vintage Kate is the best!
    April Girl: Yay for more poytails for Kate!
    Anonymous: I loved this dress when Kate wore it and would love to see it again
    Meredith in Boston: I really like the blue and white combo!
    Louise London: The charm necklace addition of the butterfly is lovely!
    Caroline in Montana: I really like Kate in Emilia Wickstead, and pink and white is a summer classic
    Ana B from Brazil: The dress you chose is so beautiful
    Kristen in Austin: I really like more casual look with a jumpsuit and flats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love seeing everyone’s outfits! There are always sooo many pretty ones!

      Delete
  9. Nicole from france3 August 2019 at 17:51

    Definitely the LK Bennet Jumpsuit for me , first because it is so stylish , second because it is modern , well adapted to the situation , and fit for Kate’s long legs and slender silhouette . Time for a great change , women wearing trousers are as elegant those wearing dresses or skirts, and definitely not disrespectfull .....
    great choice , Kristen in Austin , professional and relaxed at the same time , with a hint to tennis thanks to the sneakers !
    Some of the other dresses are really amazing , splendid , definitely Kate should ask you all about styling , you could make her a completely new person !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally blown away with how GORGEOUS these choices are! I wish Kate and Meghan would wear just one of these outfits! They are simply beautiful; I can't style but I can enjoy. If Kate wore just one these, it would satisfy me for a month. :)


    And looking back at previous photos of Kate in such pretty outfits, does anyone else really love her hair when it was darker? I thought it was more youthful and frankly just made her so so pretty! Not criticizing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These challenges are so much fun! All the outfits are beautifully put together, and there is such a variety of looks.
    My top five looks are:
    April Girl - This dress is my favorite! It’s got that little extra “flare” to it. It has the edginess that Kate sometimes lacks.
    Alaina - YES, separates! Perfect for a summer day and super comfortable looking.
    Louise London - gorgeous, comfortable looking dress and unexpected shoe color! This dress looks like something Meghan might wear.
    Kelly - This is exactly what Kate would choose to wear, you nailed it.
    Pam from Boston - this dress is very “Kate”. Love it! AND the shoes and bag are fabulous!
    SPECIAL MENTION - Lady West - Those shoes are to die for! Longing for the day when we would see Kate in a fashionable, unexpected shoe like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Barbara U.S. thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  12. Since we have done so many 'Styling Kate' in the past, would it maybe be possible to create a tab or something similar where we can find all the posts containing the looks? I was trying to go back to older posts to find Inspiration ( ;) ) and was having a hard time finding them...
    That would be great! I would love to look at them again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonja from Bavaria4 August 2019 at 16:48

      That's a great idea!

      Delete
  13. There are a plenty of fabulous dresses. I see Duchess Kate in looks which was styled by Ruth, Kelly C, Lady West, Pam from Boston, Camilla grom Italy ( I choose the same suit :)and Sonja from Bavaria. Another outfits are also so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty choices all - Kate would look lovely in any of them and all with beautiful accessories. Nice to see so many British designs used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Charlotte and all you wonderful stylists! Really enjoyed everyone's work, and what a lot of work was put into this! I'd love to see Kate in the Raya dress and navy jumpsuit. They'd be so fashion forward for Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These selections are so fitting for a court side day in the sun! Pam from Boston: though your time may have been limited, your outfit choice hit the mark. I can totally see Kate wearing the Erdem
    dress, and the accessories complete the outfit.
    Great job, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lacy, but I forgot about jewelry!

      Delete
  17. oh i love your mini stylist i myself enjoying and styling the duchess let begin the round
    MiolMor: i love your style the purple colors will absolute suit her that perfect combine and the shoes is to die for

    Kelly C i love combination blue and white outfit its a classic look i bet she will like it herself

    ruth i bet these classy and its regal look i love the dress and shoes is classy

    Lady West ~ can wow its can these my fave look on the duchess
    Alaina from NJ ~ hmm i can see she will go to this its divine and classy i bet she wore that again recycle

    Katie Beth ~ i very nice combination i love the black and white outfit and little add of strawberry in sporting outfit
    Pam from Boston another look i would love to see i bet she will re wear that too

    Camilla from Italy ~ i would love the look it would be the first thing she would wear the beautiful style on her i would be a shame if she should wear it
    Miss Lucas ~ i love it she will re wear it
    Camilla from Italy i would love her too see rewear it
    April Girl hmm can snatch your style i would love it it so perfect outfit i love the color the my first fave outfit

    Anonymous wow i love these outfit when she first wore it no i would love her to be back
    Meredith in Boston: fantastic combination its hit
    Louise London: wow i love it these is the second my fave look
    Caroline in Montana i lost world its wonderful outfit

    Ana B from Brazil: the dress is classy and looks fantastic

    Kristen in Austin ii love those jumpsuit these was my best fave outfit that i would love too see her

    looking forward too see second styling group to shown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy from California5 August 2019 at 20:27

      Bluefire, how sweet you are to take the time to state what you like about each outfit.

      Delete
  18. Great ideas Ladies. Kate wouldn't go wrong in anyone of them! My favs though are



    Ruth: Love the beauty simpleness of this dress but the pink accessories really sold it for me!
    Alaina from NJ: I love everything about this look. The accesories are perfect and that bag is to die for!
    Camilla from Italy: this is a great re-wear for Kate and we haven't seen it recently.
    April Girl: The more I look at this outfit, the more I like it and it would be such a different look for Kate.
    Meredith in Boston: This is so Kate and the pantsuit just brings it to another fashion level!
    Caroline in Montana: This is beautiful and classic!
    Kristen in Austin: My out of the box pick! Kate could pull this off and she would look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Caroline in Montana5 August 2019 at 15:25

    I just love Pam from Boston and Sonja from Bavaria's choices, those would have to be my top 2 and for 3rd id have to say Alaina from NJ - love the use of separates! Louise in London, I really like that dress too, would be perfect on her and great for polo! I really liked those pantsuits and really hope she tries them out soon, would be great for fall. Such wonderful selections and she would look good in them all, hope this is the one time she reads charlottes posts and gets some really great style ideas! Cant wait to see round 2. Thanks charlotte for doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of my favorite times of the year on this blog, I really enjoy the skill and eye of its readers. We all have our specific tastes, but the output from everyone is so good, so thoughtful, so stylish. However, these are my personal top three:

    Katie Beth: I LOVE this look, its simplicity and style took my breath away. You absolutely nailed it.
    Pam from Boston: You are such a strong stylist, your contributions stand out to me every year. Lovely from top to toe.
    Kristen in Austen: Bold and breezy. A great look.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tried to find a jumpsuit as well, but I'm recovering from a concussion so my attention span is very short. There are so many beautiful shoe options!! Maybe she will be inspired!!

    Hope from USA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Charlotte, I really didn't know how to submit my choice but I found a precious dress with the colors of green and purple representing Wimbledon. It's the Reformation Inka midi dress from Net-a-Porter. The accessories that Miol Mor chose would go great with this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,

    The King's Cup regatta will now take place tomorrow (Thursday) at 2 pm due to adverse weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All the combinations are very pretty, and I know that Kate would look beautiful wearing them. However my favorite were Pam from Boston and Meredith in Boston. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published.

We ask you use a name when posting (a pseudonym such as the name of a royal you like or anything you wish). If you do not wish to use the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.

If there are a large number of comments, it is necessary to click the 'Load More' button at the end of the comments section to see the latest additions.